SR-6500 Ultra High Resolution Spectroradiometer
The SR-6500 NIR spectroradiometer covers the UV/VIS/NIR range from 350-2500 nanometers. It features ultra-high resolution and very stable performance with three high density thermoelectrically cooled photodiode arrays. The SR-6500 is also calibrated to NIST-traceable radiometric calibration standards.
Resolution at FWHM for the SR6500 is:
- 1.5nm @ 700nm
- 3.0nm @ 1500nm
- 3.8nm @ 2100nm
Resolution is achieved using three high density solid state thermoelectrically cooled photodiode arrays:
- 1024 element TE-cooled silicon photodiode array detector (VIS-NIR)
- 512 element TE-cooled InGaAs photodiode array detector (SWIR 1)
- 512 element TE-cooled extended InGaAs photodiode array detector (SWIR 2)
The SR-6500 features the following Noise Equivalence Radiance (NER) performance with a 1.5 meter fiber optic:
- 0.8×10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 400nm
- 0.3×10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 1500nm
- 5.8×10-9 W/cm2/nm/sr @ 2100nm
NER is a measure of instrument sensitivity. Other features of the SR-6500 include:
- All fixed optics – no moving parts for rugged reliability
- Auto-exposure, auto dark current shutter
- DARWin SP Data Acquisition software saves all scans as ASCII files for use with
Specification of SR-6500 Spectroradiometer
Applications of SR-6500 Spectroradiometer
|Mineral identification and analysis where resolution can help to distinguish
between minerals with very similar spectra or to unmix and identify minerals in trace amounts.
|Soil studies for the identification of different soil characteristics, clay types,
presence or absence of nutrients and moisture.
|Vegetation studies for plant stress/health, over-fertilization, species
identification and more.
|Lab applications such as materials identification, etc.|
|Solar radiance and irradiance research.|
|Microbial diversity research|