BIRDIE is faster and more energy-efficient than a quadcopter when in forward flight. And hence the drone is well-suited for the tasks like the aerial mapping of large areas. However, it requires a flat, smooth, open space for landing, while the others can land and take off on the spot, on rough terrain.
The BIRDIE fixed-wing drone those same combined qualities, but only when needed. Because the extra gear on VTOLs does add weight, energy-use, and complexity.
- Automated/semi-automated photogrammetric flights on a set area
- Linear and terrain mission planning
- Flight plan managing
- Transparent checklist – you won’t forget about anything during preparation for a flight
- Integration with DroneRadar app – information about flight zones and ATC (Air Traffic Control) restrictions
- Live weather conditions
- UAV BIRDIE battery’s parameters (charge status, temperature, voltage) read directly from the app