RS-3500 Remote Sensing Spectroradiometer
An Affordable Field Solution for Vegetation Researchers
Our RS-3500 Remote Sensing Bundle includes a fiber optic field portable remote sensing Spectroradiometer plus all the accessories to match your application and budget. The RS-3500 Remote Sensing Bundle provides:Fast, full-spectrum UV-VIS-NIR measurements – 350-2500 nm with just one scan using the SR-3500 spectroradiometer
- Superior reliability in the field with 100%diode array optics with no moving parts.
- Auto shutter, auto exposure, autodark correction before each new scan with no optimization step.
- Lightweight and compact at 7.3 lbs.
- Removable fiber optic cable – field swappable and easy to replace.
- Optional SMA-905 FOV lenses available for increased flexibility.
- Factory calibrated radiance and/or irradiance using NIST traceable source.
- Bluetooth connectivity (Class I).
- Use with a laptop or included rugged handheld Getac microcomputer with auto-focus digital camera, e-compass, GPS tagging, altimeter, voice note capabilities, and sunlight readable display.
- DARWin SP Data Acquisition software for one-touch scanning, automatically saves data as ASCII files for use with 3rd party software without pre-processing.
- Pull-down menus from DARWin for access to USGS library and vegetation indices.
|Spectral Range||350 – 2500 nm|
|Spectral Resolution||3 nm @ 700 nm|
|8 nm @ 1500 nm|
|6 nm @ 2100 nm|
|Spectral Sampling Bandwidth||Data output in 1 nm increments 2151 channels reported|
|Si Detectors||512 element Si photodiode array ( 350 – 1000 nm )|
|InGaAs Detectors ( thermoelectrically cooled )||256 element extended wavelength photodiode array ( 1000– 1900 nm )|
|256 element extended wavelength photodiode array ( 1900-2500 nm )|
|FOV Options||SMA-905 fiber end mount lenses: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 10° field of view, irradiance diffuser|
|Noise Equivalence Radiance ( 1.2 meter fiber optic )||0.8 x 10 - 9 W / cm2 / nm / sr @ 700 nm|
|1.2 x 10 - 9 W/ cm2 / nm / sr @ 1400 nm|
|1.8 x 10 - 9 W/ cm2 / nm / sr @ 2100 nm|
|Minimum Scan Speed||100 milliseconds|
|Wavelength Reproducibility||0.1 nm|
|Wavelength Accuracy||±0.5 bandwidth|
|Communications interface||USB or Class I Bluetooth – laptop or PDA compatible|
|Size||8.5 x 12 x 3.5 inches ( 21.59 x 30.48 x 8.89 cm )|
|Batteries||External Li-ion battery and universal power charger ( 2 of each included )|
|Weight||7.3 lbs ( 3.31 kg )|
Applications Of RS-3500 Spectroradiometer
- Ground truthing – confirming, disputing, or interpreting hyperspectral or multi-spectral data
- Environmental research
- Agricultural analysis
- Ecosystem change
- Forestry research, including canopy studies
- Glacial change and climate studies
- Atmospheric research
- Vicarious satellite sensor validation
- Water body studies
- Plant species identification
- Urban development
- Crop health, including photosynthesis efficiency
- Irrigation assessment
- Topsoil fertility and erosion risks
- Soil degradation, mapping, and monitoring